Thursday, October 31, 2019

20A- Growing Your Social Capital


20A- Growing Your Social Capital


Mark Krane
He owns a limousine company, in which, he is a close friend to my family. It wasn’t hard for me to contact him and get advice. I asked him about the transportation business, starting a quick transport business with an app created to provide rides to customers to not walk long distance to their events. He stated, my idea was in fact great and radical different something rare to the industry. He stated, e will help me with connections for the transportation that will be needed for my business. He also, gave me the key factors in providing customer needs and what I will need to do in order to have a successful transportation business. He is willing to help me with my idea and keep track of my progress.

Katie Donald
Katie has been a Chief Marketing Officer at her current company for more than 10 years. In which, I have had the opportunity to work with her in the past. I reached out to her via linked in and message her about my strategic plan and what I will need help with as far as marketing my business and what formulation will be needed to help me start my business. Katie responded back to me via LinkedIn and stated, with her remembering my positive attitude, she doesn’t mind giving me key factors with building a great marketing strategy and how to maintain it. She even set me up with some vendors that will help me with advertising my information on google, Facebook, YouTube and maybe someone helping me putting up billboards for my product. Also, she sent over my information with my business plan to a marketing manager that works for Miami Heat. In fact, she stated, don’t just look locally this service can be useful in other areas as well. Speaking with Katie for on five days have been helpful and she stated, she wants to help me become successful in hopes of my services being a success.

Ron Globe
Ron is a Supply Chain manager and I worked with him in the supply chain department and reached out to him through email. I pitched my idea to Ron, and he advised me to contact an IT vendor he builds a strong relationship with, to help me with my app. I emailed the IT vendor and cc’d Ron and still not have heard anything. Ron told me to wait and if not, he will interact with the company and help with initiate my idea and seeing what is required and the cost for my services to be implemented with an app made. Ron was very helpful and stated, he will reach out to the vendor if I don’t hear anything within the next two weeks.

·         This experienced has taught me that one day the people you have networked with or worked with, can be an asset or a valuable individual in the future. Always stay in reach of all business people you meet, always treat others with respect and when you do that, they will be willing to help you become successful. It’s always good to have social capital it can take you a very long way in the business industry.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Miriam,
    I think your choice of people for the industry expert and market expert as well as the supplier is absolutely fantastic! I like how you used different resources to get in touch with the people you once met. With Mark Krane, it looks like you even found a mentor who will help you tracking your progress, a valuable thing to have. It is great to see how simply contacting three people already opened up so many doors for you, e.g. to the Miami Heat. In my case, the industry expert I contacted has not responded yet, but in your case, although one person has not responded yet, you can use your network - in this case Ron Globe - to get in touch with them which is awesome. Really cool!
    Ollie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miriam,

    I found your selection of people to be very impressive and inclusive. You definitely contacted people that seem to be very important in the company each works for. I think it is great that you got answers from all of them and all were able to help you in some way in order to further your business venture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miriam, Your choice of interviewees was very representative of the industry you are investigating, this is great because it can give you an idea of how the market is. The people you selected to interview also seem like they are established and respected within their organizations, which is great because their opinions may be popular beliefs through the industry. It will now be easier to contact these people for advice or suggestions regarding your idea.

    ReplyDelete

30A – Final Reflection

30A – Final Reflection 1.     With no entrepreneurial experience, nor have any family or close friends that have their own business....