Tuesday, October 8, 2019

14A – Halfway Reflection



14A – Halfway Reflection


Tenacity & Paying It Forward

 

1) Tenaciousness is a competency

The behaviors I have used to keep up with the requirements of this course, is the ability to think outside the box and put my visual on as an entrepreneur. This course for over the past month has given me so much information, tools and resources to think like an entrepreneur. Also, the assignments are fun and has enable me to read more.

2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude.
I didn’t quite want to give up, however, I was very frustrated when I know I would faithfully watch the lectures. Then I will take the “Cupcake” quiz and not make a perfect score. I have gotten better with taking notes and replaying specific sections that I know will be very important and covered on the quiz. Now I’ve developed a technique to write key notes down and the ability to remember what Professor Pryor spoke about in his lectures. In which, his lectures are the best.  Therefore, I’ll continue to listen to his lectures, learn, take notes and my score will improve each time.

3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset’?
-         
                 Step out of your comfort zone
                      Watch the lectures many times as possible. The material is very useful and will be beneficial in your business career
                   Take the assignments as a fun learning tool and not too serious.

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree that one can be seriously watching the lectures and still earn a less than adequate score on the cupcakes. It is something I have worked on in order to get a better score, but still ultimately end up getting the same thing every time, no matter how much work I put it. The key is to just keep pushing on and work to improve no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miriam,

    I really agreed with the advice you wrote for what you would tell a student in the following semester. I do think that the material is extremely useful so they should be watching the lectures multiple times because it will only benefit them in the end.

    Amanda Gonzalez

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miriam,

    I believe these tips you gave us would have been extremely helpful the beginning of this semester! I completely agree that one must think outside the box sometimes in order to keep up with the requirements of the course. This is also true in regards of stepping out of one's comfort zone, even though it will prove to be difficult to accomplish at first, it is worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete

30A – Final Reflection

30A – Final Reflection 1.     With no entrepreneurial experience, nor have any family or close friends that have their own business....