Thursday, October 17, 2019

16A- The Secret Sauce


16A- The Secret Sauce

The Secret Sauce

1.     Five ways in which I have Human Capital:

·         Personality – Regardless of how my day may seem, if it’s going bad or it’s a rough one. I’ve mastered the art of, keeping a positive attitude. Knowing a negative attitude will only make the situation worst. Also, keeping a positive attitude keeps good energy around me and allows me to stay in high positive spirits.

·         Determination – I may not have the answers to everything, but I am always determined to find the answer and provide others with the resources. When others are relying on me it makes me work harder and feel very important.

·         Respectful – I have always treated others the way I want to be treated. Everyone you meet is not a bad person. Also, others may be going through a tough time. I’m always respectful to others as I would want them to be to me.

·         Rational – I’ve always been a thinker before I do something. I’m more of a rational decision maker. Not only for myself, but for others around me. I’m rational to help benefit the decisions I make, that will cause a positive impact on others.

·         Empathetic - When interacting with other individuals, I’ve mastered the art of adapting myself to put myself in other shoes. I can be a great talker or listener, a loud goofy friend or a quiet person, whatever someone needs me to be, I’m usually easily able to adapt.

2.     Interviews
·         My Mother
“What do you believe is my human capital? These are the things that make me different, like knowledge, skills, etc.”.
a.     “Of course, you are the bomb, because you are my daughter. But you have always been committed to be a better person, achieving all your goals. Always not allowing anyone to stop you. You have always been very determined and eager to maintain a positive attitude and not let anything negative stop you. I’m sure you stress yourself, but barely let me know. But you have always been the protector and wanted to make sure everyone in our family and friends were happy.

·         My Best friend, Noel

“What do you believe is my human capital? These are the things that make me different, like knowledge, skills, etc.”.

b.     “Ever since I met you 11 years ago, you have always been a very nice respectful woman. You cared so much about others that often you put yourself last. You will give your jacket to a stranger if they need it. You are very loyal to your friends and family and always want everyone to be happy. If they aren’t happy, you will always find a way to put a smile on some face. As your best friend you have given me the ability to do better and get back in school and earn my Doctorate degree. You are a true definition of a strong positive individual”.

·         Breanna Wellington, Accounting Manager

“What do you believe is my human capital? These are the things that make me different, like knowledge, skills, etc.”.

c.     “Very knowledgeable. When you don’t know the answer, you are very determined to research and find the answer. Once, you have research and came to a solution, you always shared useful information. Very organized and time management individual. You’ve never hesitated to help others and even work late to help others finish their work. You are a dedicated person, that is a hard worker”.

·         Coworker, Lisette

“What do you believe is my human capital? These are the things that make me different, like knowledge, skills, etc.”.

d.     “You are very smart and always wanted others to learn and gain knowledge as well. Every time I needed help with my work or school assignments, you always stopped what you were doing to help me. You always smiled and cheered everyone up to be in high positive spirits. You were fun and made everyone laugh”.

·         Friend, Mallori

“What do you believe is my human capital? These are the things that make me different, like knowledge, skills, etc.”.

e.     “You are the absolute most gorgeous person inside and out. You care and always respect my “me time”.  You’re nice and sweet. I know I can always talk to you and tell you my whole life and you won’t judge. You are very loyal to the core and will do anything for your friends. You always do just the little things that are really considerate, and I love that about you.”
Reflection:
Listening to my interviewees, I’ve realized I can be so hard on myself. I’m always trying to go above and beyond. My best friend Noel stated, one thing it’s okay to do, is be a human. Everyone knows me as having a positive attitude and staying strong, but they don’t see the soft side of me. In which, I don’t show much because that’s for my personal matter only. I do agree with I’m always putting others first more often than putting myself first. In which, that can be a good or bad thing. Because as humans we can often forget about our own health and personal needs because we are always caring and supporting others first. I have always been a smiley, positive, smart and determined individual. Also, I’m always trying to uplift others because we all need that one push to get us motivated to be successful.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Miriam,

    I think being hard on yourself can be detrimental if you do not allow yourself to relax form time to time and take things easy. I agree with your best friend Noel, it is okay to be human. I also tend to put other people’s feelings and desires before mine but that’s just the kind of person I am, which shows that I care just like you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miriam,
    I really liked the human capital you chose. I think being respectful is a very good trait to have because you need to be respectful in all situations. For example, when you enter in the work force you need to be able to respect your fellow coworkers and your boss.
    Amanda Gonzalez

    ReplyDelete

30A – Final Reflection

30A – Final Reflection 1.     With no entrepreneurial experience, nor have any family or close friends that have their own business....