Monday, September 9, 2019


3A: Your Entrepreneurship Story


As a little girl growing up, I’ve always like the idea of family gatherings, entertainment, sports and having a really good time. As I got into middle school and high school, I ran track and played basketball. In which, I became very athletic. Also, I was very determined to learn a lot about NBA, NFL, Tennis and other athletes. My favorite by the way was Michael Jordan. Once I got older and in the tenth grade, I immediately knew I wanted to open my own sports bar. First, I suddenly knew, it brings entertainment, sports atmosphere and large gathering with people.

Over the years, I have done a lot of research to start my own business. In which, I’ve dreamed of my sports bar two levels, with multiple TV's, lounge areas, helmets and jersey hanging around the building. Haven’t decided if I wanted to serve food, being that food has a lot more regulations involved and inspections. I will serve beer, wine and soda beverages. When top notch liquor is involved, I have read that it can be pricey, and it can be a liability when dealing with customers. Second, I have already chosen my location, once I have saved enough money and found investors to purchase the building. In which, talking to entrepreneurs they have stated, the number one success of their business is their location. I would love to be in Tampa, in YBOR which is centralized from downtown other areas of Tampa, close to big name colleges and a good area where many tourist travels to. There are many factors to consider when becoming an entrepreneur.

I took this class to give me the ability to take the risk and start this sports bar I’ve always wanted to.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Miriam,

    I really related with your post a lot because I am also a very huge sports fan. I actually grew up always watching basketball and football, and I played competitive soccer and volleyball. I also thought it was so inspiring that you would like to open your own bar. I actually want to to do the same in Ireland and open up my own pub.

    Amanda Gonzalez

    ReplyDelete

30A – Final Reflection

30A – Final Reflection 1.     With no entrepreneurial experience, nor have any family or close friends that have their own business....