Thursday, August 29, 2019


Bug List

We often allow things to “Bug” us, in which can cause frustration and become really annoyed. I will list 20 things that bug me and why these bugs exist. I’m sure we can all relate.


1.       During my lunch hours, the Chic-fila on Ulmerton Road in St. Petersburg FL is always packed and estimated wait time for your food is 45 mins. This exist because majority of workers take their lunch breaks between 12pm – 2pm. Also, Chic-fila is worth waiting for, being that their food is awesome.
2.       Sharing a bathroom with the opposite sex, male. It bugs me because men don’t think to put the toilet seat down after using it. This exist because men don’t think to put it back down with a woman being in the house.
3.       While driving and seeing another driver texting. This bugs me because texting and driving does cause accidents. This exist because people don’t think texting is just as worse as drinking and driving.
4.       When eating in the lunchroom at work, hearing other’s smack while eating their food. This happens because some individuals don’t have proper manners and don’t eat with their mouth closed.
5.       When I’m in a meeting at work and others speak while there is someone presenting a presentation. This exist because this shows unethical behavior and rudeness others have when someone else is speaking.
6.       After cooking, dishes can not be left in the sink. This exist because people do not like to clean, and this bugs me because it causes insects and odor.
7.       I normally shop at Walmart due to their prices are very reasonable. But it bugs me that when I need assistance there are no associates around to help. This exist because they are short-staffed.
8.       Noticing food left in the refrigerator at work for more than a month is disgusting and starts smelling. This exist because people are lazy to take it out or don’t remember leaving food in the fridge.
9.       I like listening to oldies music in my car and when someone get in my car, they feel the need to change my music. Which really bugs me. I’m sure this happens because they don’t like old school music.
10.   Sometimes when making a hair appointment with my stylist, she may run 30 mins late, while I’m on time. Big BUG for me. I’m sure things happen, and people can’t control certain situations.
11.   When having discussions with individuals, sometimes I notice some people spit while they are talking. I’m sure it’s natural for some.
12.   The moment I’m craving ice cream, I will always go to the McDonald's by Citrus Mall. Of course, their machine is never working and that bug me. I’m very sure they probably need to purchase a new machine.
13.   Making a reservation at Cheesecake Factory, was not seated until 45 mins after our reservation. This often exist due to what time of the day the reservation could have been made. If it was during a busy time or a holiday.
14.   Majority of the time I fly Southwest airlines. While continuous checking my app there are no updates for any delays. Once arrived at my gate, it states plane will be delayed 2 hours. That really bugs me. This happen due to weather conditions, mechanical conditions, etc.
15.   While riding in a uber, some uber drivers will talk you the whole trip. Most of the time, uber driver are being sociable butterflies.
16.   During my ride home my tire catches a flat. Majority of the time this event happens due to a nail, glass or an object in the road.
17.   While on the phone with Geico or an important person, my phone lose signal and now I must start the conversation over.
18.   Driving on my way to work, needing coffee, stopped Starbucks for picker upper. Line was so long and was not able to get the coffee I needed.
19.   When adults cry like children to received attention. Grow up and act like an adult.
20.   In meetings and listening to the presenter, you have to ask multiple times what they are saying because their voice is too low, or they don’t have the proper skills to speak up.


While writing my list, I did not face any challenges and did not find it difficult to think of many things that bug me or have bugged me.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Miriam,
    thank you very much for sharing your bug list. It is always interesting to see which bugs other people might face and what the reason is for these bugs.
    I realized that a group of bugs actually fall under the category "manners", e.g. people smacking whilst eating their food, speaking while someone is presenting or simply not doing the dishes. As a best case scenario, these manners should have been learned at home or in primary school, but it is never too late for people to develop them. If you are being polite, you can always tell people to please be quiet during a presentation or to do their dishes. If more people spoke up (in a polite way), the according people might start to realize that they bug a lot of people with their behavior. It was also interesting to see that your explanation for not having a staff memmber at hand in Walmart is the shortage of employees there. Additionally, as more staff members represent higher costs, you could always think about possibilities (from Walmart´s perspective) to avoid you even having a need to see a staff member. Maybe the structure of the store can still be improved, so that customers know their way around, perhaps you could establish monitors that you can use to find the location of your desired product, etc. I feel like a company can always try to directly react to a request - having more staff members around - or can actually choose to fulfill the original need to get help with potential other methods.
    Very interesting!

    Ollie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Miriam!
    I noticed that many of your bug list problems were related to food, as were mine. The issue with the McDonald Ice Cream Machine and the Starbucks line being long at peak hours are issues that have bugged me constantly for years. I think it ultimately comes down to efficiency. If everything was a little more efficient, a lot of the larger problems we both share would go away. Efficiency is something I think about very often and it is important to understand that so much more work could get done if everything ran a little more efficiently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miriam,

    I loved reading about what bugs you. I had very similar things on my bug list that you had on yours. I really agree with you that when you need to ask speakers a bunch of questions because they are speaking too low is very irritating. If they decided to speak they should either speak with a louder tone or just use a microphone if they know their voice is not high pitched enough to be able to be heard by an entire room. I hope the next time you listen to a speaker they speak with a louder tone.

    Amanda Gonzalez

    ReplyDelete

30A – Final Reflection

30A – Final Reflection 1.     With no entrepreneurial experience, nor have any family or close friends that have their own business....