Thursday, September 26, 2019

9A - Testing the Hypothesis, Part 2


9A – Testing the Hypothesis, Part 2

After this round of interviews, I have learned that residents who live in my apartment complex have had issues with finding a park closer to their building. One person told me that she was not happy about walking long distance to her car with her baby, baby items and her personal things. Another person said, they don’t have a car, so the complaints don’t concern them.

Who: The neighbors who live here and pay their rent in the community, should be able to have an assigned parking space?

What: For those who don’t live in the community should be considerate of others and park their cars in the back of the apartments. Also, the property staff needs this to be addressed and resolved immediately.

Why: In order to satisfy your residents and listening to their ongoing negative feedback. This will allow all residents that you do hear their complaints and once the situation is fixed, this will be a positive change for this community.




Inside the Boundary
Outside the Boundary
Who?
Residents who don’t have an assigned parking.
Anyone who do not live in the community, should find parking in the back.
What:
Having the ability to park right by your building
What if the people who don’t live in the community make it convenience for the actual residents to find a parking spot
Why:
People are often frustrated with not being able to park by their building.
Non-residents should be considerate of others and we will not have this issue

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mariam,

    I like that you were able to find someone who lived in your apartment complex with a direct impact. Having a baby and having to carry all of their items is a struggle especially if you are by yourself and if it is at night. You are correct in the aspect of people are going to complain daily until the problem is solved. There needs to be an efficient way to make this process quick and easy for people to get a parking permit.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miriam,

    I like your idea of an app for people that don't want to walk. However, I am not sure if it'll be expensive for let's say, single mothers. I am not clear who else is your others inside boundaries, other than residents wanting to park closer to their building. How are you going to make a profit off of this opportunity?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miriam,
    Parking is a big problem in Gainesville. Many people who live in apartment complexes and even houses near campus may have to park blocks away from where they live. When I lived in an apartment near campus I would often times not use my car or not go to the store because I knew I would not be able to park again once I moved my car. There must be a better solution to the parking problem than what is currently being done.

    ReplyDelete

30A – Final Reflection

30A – Final Reflection 1.     With no entrepreneurial experience, nor have any family or close friends that have their own business....